Handy Worker (contractual basis)
To be responsible for the performance of the following general duties pertaining to the maintenance and upkeep of the grounds and kennels of the MSAW
- Responsible for the general care and maintenance of shelter animals including feeding, cleaning, disinfecting, grooming, vaccinating, medicating
- effect general cleaning works of offices, premises, sites, buildings, toilets, garden, yard, clinics, kennels, cages and vans;
- handling of dogs and cats;
- washing and ironing linen items, cooking and cleaning utensils and the kitchen;
- remove, load, transport materials, furniture, and other items;
- handling animals for euthanasia;
- load and unload MSAW vehicles and dog catching vans with carcasses of dogs/cats;
- assist in moving the MSAW property;
- carry out excavation works/digging of holes at the dog cemetery for the burial of dogs / cats carcasses and help with the burial;
- collect and despatch correspondence as and when required;
- run errands and answer calls;
- participate in all activities of the MSAW;
- perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from a handy worker in the roles ascribed to him/her.
The Handy Worker/ Kennel Attendant should:
- be an animal lover
- be medically and physically fit (undergo medical examination if selected);
- be literate and is able to record incidences and other relevant details in occurrence book;
- have clean certificate of character;
- Should not have reached their 48th birthday by the closing date upon submission of application.
The closing date for the submission of application is Friday 29th March 2019 not Later than 15 hrs.
Applications received after the above date and time will note be considered.