Veterinary Officer / Surgeon
MAURITIUS SOCIETY FOR ANIMAL WELFARE (MSAW)
NOTICE OF VACANCIES
Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment for the post of Veterinary Officer/Surgeon at the Mauritius Society for Animal Welfare:
Veterinary Officer / Surgeon
- A veterinary degree in Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (B.V.Sc or equivalent) acceptable to the Veterinary Council of Mauritius and have at least two years experiences in the surgical sterilization of dogs and cats
- Computer literate
- Registered as Veterinary Surgeon with the Veterinary Council of Mauritius
- Valid Driving Licence
- Possess a Certificate of Morality (Police Clearance Certificate / Certificate of Character) issued by relevant authorities of the country where they are settled.
- Preferably be under 60 years of age
- Be willing to work at odd hours and in teams
- Perform other allied duties related to veterinary medicine and surgery such as treatment of sick animals and prevention of animal diseases , and euthanasia, etc whenever required
- Supervise the work of subordinate staff working under his/her responsibility
- Carry out administrative duties such as control of medical and non-medical items, instruments, attendance and proper stock management.
- Perform any cognate duties.
Mode of Application
The closing date for the submission of applications is Friday 8th February 2019 not later than 13 hrs.
Mauritius Society for Animal Welfare
Duties and Responsibilities of Veterinary Officer / Surgeon
Reporting to Senior Veterinary Officer
- To perform duties of a veterinarian which may include health assessments, diagnosis, sterilization, and treatment (either medical or surgical intervention).
- To participate in the establishment of veterinary protocols for the organization, and oversees the medical work of veterinary technicians.
- To perform 20-35 surgeries per day, be familiar with current spay neuter techniques and have experience performing sterilization surgeries on juveniles, crypt-orchids and pregnant animals.
- To be responsible for treatment and prevention of animal diseases;
- To inspect the different MSAW veterinary clinics, dog pound, boarding facilities, adoption facilities, kennels and sites;
- To perform euthanasia;
- To participate actively in MSAW activities, projects and programmes dealing with animal welfare including neutering of dogs and cats, dog/pet shows, humane education, debates etc;
- To perform field duties whenever required;
- To be responsible for the overall management of an MSAW Animal clinic under responsibility;
- To supervise the work of Veterinary Assistant and other subordinate staff working under his/her responsibility, including staff performing administrative duties
- To certify and monitor the attendance and overtime of staff, submitting requirements for equipment, consumables etc)
- To be responsible for control of medical and non-medical items, instruments and proper stock management;
- To observe and communicate laws and standards regarding animal welfare and animals;
- To advise management on animal welfare;
- To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the results expected from the Veterinary Officer in the roles ascribed to him/her
Download Vacancy related document(s)
+ Download document - 1